Monday, January 25, 2010

In Depth Tour Description

When we left Ct I was so stressed out because of the van. I thought at any moment it was going to break down. I had ripped one of the captains chairs out to make room for the drum set and the amps.

After leaving Berlin we went to New Haven and Jose's apartment. When I got there I thought that I was going to have a heart attack. After a few minutes there we went to Sam Ash guitar store. I love music stores and really wanted to buy something, but all I wanted to do was get to New York. There is something about starting such a big trip that makes you only feel comfortable after putting some distance from your home. It is some kind of mentality that if I break down one thousand miles from my house at least I made it this far, I didn't just break down two streets over from my house.

The drive to Brooklyn was filled with my nervous laughs at the guys genuine jokes. They were just starting a music tour and all they had to do was enjoy the ride. I was sweating scared, and was dreading any snow that might fall. The forcast had called for a little and my van is not a snow vehicle.

When we finally got to Brooklyn I was very relieved, but we didn't know where we were staying that night and that was starting to get to me. The guys set up in Zebulon, which is a hipster little place that of course I felt under dressed in. I was the only person in there with a t shirt on, and of course it said something that people would look at with a wonderous stare. "Limp Biscuit is better than anyone, ever."

A beer later Andy showed up with Micheal Amenta and it felt like a little relief to see them. The whole trip I wish Andy Mckinnion the painter was with us. He is fun to have around.

After the guys played a pretty good first show some of us started walking and went to a Vegan restaurant. It was another little hipster place, although this place was a little grimier. I had a veggie burger about the size of my cell phone. Amber Sanchez showed up and because she is our friend from high school and a good person she let us stay with her and her boyfriend.

I slept on the couch and the guys slept on the ground. Ambers fish swam happily above my head. The next morning we left for Philadelphia.




Read a book.
Money saved for Cali Trip - $107.21

No comments:

Post a Comment