Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Portlandish

I am sick. I don't remember the last time I was sick. It has been awhile.

I took a walk down to Hawthorne from my house and realized in about three minutes that that is where I want to work and hang out. The street is full of head shops, vintage clothes places, and music stores. It has a feeling of change, it has a feeling of small business and the kind of place where things happen. I want to stand outside of a place I work there and talk to different people about the things that go on there.

I tried a canvassing job yesterday. It was gross and I actually felt dirty when I got back to my apartment. Which is a room in a house in SE that I share with Ally. It was nice to take a shower and wash that day off. It was a day full of awkward training by some weird older dude that loved his work, but looked coked out, and a chauvinist skinny jeaned wearing hard core weirdo.

I was supposed to lie to people all day to build some kind of rapport and then persuade them into sponsoring a child. It seems like a worthwhile charity, but I'm just not that kind of guy. Even though they were little fibs, I still can't lie to people all day.

Fuck that.

I am still looking for work, and hope all is well with all of you. I am excited to see Laura Ganci when she comes to town on tour this month. She is a friend from Connecticut and a talented musician.

Rock on.


James

No comments:

Post a Comment