Monday, October 19, 2009

Ah!



Well, things have been pretty hectic for me lately. Still with this cough, it get's so annoying to try and sing and then start coughing and lose the feeling.

Some amazing things have been going on in my life. At the orchard, I'll be working till next summer so I have a steady paycheck until then. That should help me be able to afford the adventure van. I can't wait to paint a delectable peace sign on it. Now at work whenever I am outside doing something I notice so many vans parked and then these people get into them and I just want to rush over and ask them if I can get in and then ask if we could drive to Montana.

So on Saturday night I did something I thought I would never do. I thought I would perform an anthropological study and attend an Insane Clown Posse concert. Yeah that's right. Those guys from Detroit that wear make up like clowns. Those guys that were blamed for the riots at the last Woodstock concert.

I thought the show was amazing. It was at the Webster theater in Hartford, CT. I went into it with an open mind because besides Eric and Dennis I have never known anyone that liked ICP. The people that did in my school's that I attended were always the ones that others mocked for wearing a lot of black. When I got to the show I saw a lot of people with their faces painted like clowns. Eric explained that it was because the whole thing is supposed to be like a carnival. The show was just like that. There were "sideshows" right up on stage that danced to the whole show. They were an "ape boy" and a guy with more than one face called "many faces."

The show started with us drinking Pabst in the over twenty one area. I saw an old bartender that I used to talk too and everyone seemed in a very friendly mood. It was like standing around at a big family reunion. Everyone is saying hi to people that haven't seen in a very long time. Eric explained that this is what makes "Juggaloes" who they are. They have an extreme sense of togetherness. Often they chant FA MA LY! in almost any situation. After drinking a little I went to the bathroom at the place was a madhouse. They were chanting and dancing in there. All the boys were drunk as hell and others smoked as they stood at the urinal. Some of them smoked pot while sitting on the toilet. It was horrendously exhilarating. I waited in line and as I did a bouncer came in and saw a kid smoking. The bouncer proceeded to flick the kids butt out and was polite and let him finish urinating. Then he physically dragged him out of the place and threw him out onto the street. Bummer for that kid. He missed a hell of a show.

The Posse came out and sprayed us for two hours with Faygo soda. It is a brand from the midwest that whenever the clowns have a show they spray into the crowd for effect and to have an awesome time. I was soaking wet with dollar diet root beer and loved it. When the show was over we left and I have to say it's one of the best shows I have ever been too.

Eric mentioned something called the Gathering where all the juggaloes get together and have a huge festival with all the bands of psychopathic records. I know that I will attend that someday. I need too.

Till next time.

Read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment