Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Boys will play

We have decided that we need to get some experience playing in front of an audience so the boys and I are going to the Pine Loft on the Berlin Turn Pike. It's a log cabin that smells very pine like. Not a surprise I know.

The people playing will be Myself playing a little guitar, Dennis St. Pierre and Eric Krampitz as well. Although Dennis might be in jail tomorrow because of some loitering fine he didn't pay so we might be short. Chris Lumbra will be there playing my djembe.

The guy that runs the open mike is the father of my friend Brian's drummer in Brian's band. The father is very much into Jimmy Buffet and vagina jokes. He always makes the night interesting.

We have decided to play two songs that we have practiced the most on. One is called "The Third Person Perspective." Dennis say's it's a working title, but as all my experiences so far in music, it will probably just stay that. The other song is called "finger picking madness." I don't know if it really is that mad. I would say it's kind of light and reserved. It should be a fun night all around. I am going to have a blue moon there. Not many things are better than the smell of a log cabin and wheat beer taste in your mouth.

Money saved so far for trip: $24.18 and some change I started keeping in an large empty Gatorade container.

No comments:

Post a Comment