Thursday, December 10, 2009

A good substitute


So I am sitting here while my lovely aunt is sick with cancer while the hospice nurses make a fuss about her safety. What the hell? This cancer business is bullshit. I never want to be helpless in a bed like that. I would rather go the eskimo way and be floated out to sea.


I have also made a decision. Now that I am older and I don't need to run down the stairs on Christmas morning with booties on (I still might) I am going to volunteer at a soup kitchen or some related charity. That Ghandi man always said "be the change you want to see in the world." So instead of expecting X box games or getting a new electronic device I will go help someone I don't know just because they need some help.


Read a book!


At the orchard today a man dropped off a note of thanks and in it he wrote " thanks for the apples, (it was a donation) they made are boys very happy." That is unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment