Sunday, March 14, 2010

My nearly broken nose

Here is a picture that I took of a sidewalk in front of the Gratedful Dead house in San Francisco.



Friday night a bunch of my buddies and I went up to Worcester Mass to see Dillinger Escape plan at the Palladium on Main street. We all crammed into my tour van and were stoked. I was so so stoked I could barely drive. However, when we got there the guys wanted hot dogs so we stepped into this little hole in the wall hot dog place next to the Palladium. One of the bands that was playing that night was in there. They are called Iwrestledabearonce. They were quiet, but laughed when the television had a show about people having capibaras for pets. If you don't know what one of those are you need to do something about it.

Later, we went into the show and the first band up was called Animals as leaders. I thought they were very talented musicians, but were pretty boring entertainers. After them were Iwrestledabearonce and my friends and I moshed pretty hard during their set. I am not the biggest fan of metal and I wouldn't say this band was amazing, but I did have a great time. The lead singer girl even wore a furby outfit.

After that it was a metal band called Darkest Hour. I also didn't think they were that great, but I crowd surfed for the first time and I was impressed by how strong the fans were holding me up. Sadly for me, when I jumped back into the crowd from the stage that I had been thrown onto I was dropped flat on my back.

To the crowds delight the next band was Dillinger and I really couldn't give you a definitive opinion of them. The pit went crazy when they started playing and the bouncers really couldn't do anything to calm it down. During the second song I was popped in the mouth and had to leave with a bloody nose. I was lucky and didn't lose any teeth. My buddy Chuck lost a good chunk of his front left one.

Overall I enjoyed the show, but I don't think I will be going to a metal show for awhile.


Read a book.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good time. Sorry to hear about Chuck getting hurt. sucks. I wish I could of gone but I had plans.... next time... in like a year.

    ReplyDelete