Friday, March 19, 2010

A new week

My friends and I had a great time at Eli's the other night. We had Jalapeno poppers roulette style. You get about ten of them in a basket and one of them is injected with extremely hot sauce. I was lucky and didn't get one.

My friend Andy got his ass kicked when he got two hot ones ( they throw and in an extra for giggles sometimes) in a row. He loves hot food, but he got burned with those poppers. St. Patricks day was interesting. I drank some beer and sang some songs on a street. Also ate some corn beef and cabbage.

Last weekend I went to the Webster at saw House of Pain. Yeah that's right with Everlast. I didn't know that he was the lead singer of that band. The show was pretty good. Most of the people there were drunk and fat so the pit was kinda sad. Lots of sweat.

So I have decided to ask this question. What was the last book of poetry you read ? Also what did you think about it? If I like your answer I will be sending you a book of poetry. Hopefully you have read a book of poetry lately.

This week I have some things in store for you so stay tuned.

Read a book.

3 comments:

  1. Song of Myself and it was required... I haven't read a whole book of poetry for pleasure since third grade when "Ask the Dust" came out. That's a pretty moving book though, even still.

    I've been reading a book called Girls on the Verge. I just finished A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again. Thanks for keeping me on my game. Whatcha reading right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was called Out of the Dust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Last Night of the Earth Poems - Charles Bukowski...It was ok.
    I really love "The man with Beautiful Eyes" which was about a house that was down the street from where he grew up. In this house, there was a man who would beat his wife and they would always hearing screaming, but none of the neighbors did anything. They got so accustom to it, it became a regular part of his summer day as a child. The first time he ever saw the man was when he was being arrested and he said he had beautiful green eyes.

    ReplyDelete